Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Girl Open House

This post isn't as elaborate as I had intended, my apologies for the lack of pictures. Rick called me up in the morning to let me know that he got invited to attend the Girl Open House, and was ditching community service to go. I told him I was down to go, I just had to go to a logistical meeting regarding the location, date and time of the Skate jam I'm involved in throwing.
I actually had to turn in some library books and pay some fines at CSULB, but said, "Fuck It!" I met him at his house, he, mike (who ditched his school finals to come), and I left. We blazed down the 110 at 100mph for nearly the entire duration of the trip and got there around 11:45 a.m.
Right when we arrived, we snapped flicks with Rick Howard and Brad Staba. We saw Stacy G. and got our raffle tickets. Low and behold when the raffle occurred, Mike and Timmy (who came w/ his shop: Non Factory) won some shirts and any pair of Lakai's each, I won a Panasonic Digi-Cam, and Rick took home the $500 Gift Certificate to Girl! Alhambra made out like bandits in that raffle, taking most of the top prizes, a moral victory for the SGV. Then we ate some delicious "In and Out," I had 4 2x2's! Got to see some good skating, my buddy Kirk Rocha was in the competition ripping. I thought that the Flyin' Hawaiian (that kid needs to get hooked up!) or "the street pirate reincarnation of Tony Alva circa '77" from Whittier's Beach Bums should have won, but who cares. Got to see a ton of Girl/Choc's people and had a good time.
P.S. Muller and who I think was Tough Guy Rich destroyed all of my hopes and dreams of ever being a decent ping pong player!
The Mez, "Staba’s here for tomorrow’s Open House. He’ll be schmoozing it up with the top retailers and distributors in the biz. If you fancy yourself in that category and would like to shake Staba’s hand yourself, stop by." That's the second thing I did after throwing him a couple punches.



Carroll and I have the same camera

http://www.sharetheair.net/mikeblog/?m=20070123



The Suits:
Rickk, (Photophobic) Meg, The Gav, and I

Spike Jonze is my homeboy!

Andy Jenkins, Evan Hecox, and Spike Jonze are three of the most creative people in both art and skateboarding.

JKL's a skaterat, his Indy's have concave!

No comments: