Wednesday, October 15, 2008

SIESTA!

One of the most significant words in my vocabulary, and all of Italy for that matter, is Siesta.  The midday nap, taken either during the 6th hour or after ones lunch meal, soothes all of the morning woes in many Latin influenced countries.  Italy, no exception, prides itself on siestas as a maneuver of masculinity in which any drained man should recover his midday machisimo vigor in all but 90 minutes.  Although I beg to differ, I cannot complain about siestas before preparing to bullshit for another few hours of "work".

Evidently I have a tendency to prolong these siestas like "Days of Our Lives", as does the majority of Italian society.

Foto-graphic documentation:

Photobucket
En Route A Pisa




Power siesta at the Biennale with special guest:  Adame Tavernello!


Photobucket
En Route a Milano

To be perfectly honest, aye:  I'm about to take a siesta!

No comments: